In this ever growing modern era, advancement in technology and threats to safety and security go hand in hand. With companies expanding their boundaries of growth, task of managing their records has become a grave issue. Gone are the days when IP addresses and IP infrastructure were maintained in spreadsheets manually. The steady growth of devices is making the alarm bells ring for network teams in any enterprise.
Therefore, there is a growing need of software which manages the ever increasing IP address spaces flexibly and prevents security breaches. To execute these functions efficiently, IP address management software is the best and a celebrated choice. It enables the administrator to eradicate network conflicts and ensure network security. IP addresses are one of the most crucial resources which need to be taken care of in any network.
Functioning of IPAM
IPAM software boasts of providing a friendly and easy-to-use IP address space management. Tracking myriads of addresses can be a pain in the neck. IPAM provides you with an efficient tracking, provision and decommission addresses. It makes hassle free changes in DHCP and DNS configuration. Alerting and detection problems prior to security incidents make you work seamlessly. Common IP conflicts would have no space in your network. Often updating your bulky infrastructure can be most likely a burden but its automatic updating features will cover it all.
How does IPAM benefit you?
1. A large space for manifold addresses! IPv4 was generally managed in spreadsheets. However this is not the case with IPv6 as it takes almost quadruple space in compared to IPv4. IPAM provides a very large space to track all the IP addresses space efficiently.
2. Mitigates the threat from human errors! Often you make errors paving ways for breaches and network disruptions. IPAM pacifies the tenants of security through its effective monitoring service.
3. It endeavors to automate every manual process used to be done before. For example tracking, alerting and detecting errors.
4. Availability of IP addresses is easily reported in different formats like pdf, csv, xls, etc.
5. IPAM is also featured with network audit facilities providing each and every detail of configurations changes in DHCP and IPAM servers as well. It caters to the needs of network administrator by enabling him to access all the details about clients like username, hostname, ID and IP addresses.
6. Sometimes you need to access information instantly about IP addresses like from where they were allotted, which device they were assigned to and which devices currently use them. IPAM manages it all easily and keep away potential networks threats.
7. It offers to add subnet manually or automatically by discovering from the routers.
8. IPAM software can be easily accessible as there are numerous of them. For example solarwinds IPAM, Bluecat address manager, etc.
With the ever increasing pace of growth and technology, IPAM keeps you at foremost in the race. It can prove itself to be a perfect partner for you in the age of networks. Just determine your IPAM strategy and step into the revolutionized network world safely.